Monika Rais, Senior Listings Manager
Quote: “Life shrinks or expands in response to one’s courage.” -Anais Nin
What’s the best thing about your job?
Versatility. Because of the nature of my job, I get to cooperate with all the departments at Triplemint.
What are three career lessons you’ve learned thus far?
- If you are waiting to be prepared to meet a challenge, you will never accomplish anything.
- Maintain your curiosity, and always be open to learning something new.
- Learn to delegate. As a manager of people, projects, and products, this is a constant struggle for me.
How do you balance your career and family?
Most of all by being realistic and not trying to be everything for everybody. I religiously prioritize both my short term and long term to-do list and organize my days according to that. I also practice little self-checks during the day and never shy away from rescheduling non-essential activities when I’d rather have ‘me time’ or just want to relax with my family.
If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see?
I have so many, but these are the ones on the top of my list:
- Building of the Great Pyramid of Giza
- Magna Carta signed by King John at Runnymede
- Leonardo Da Vinci painting The Last Supper
- Gutenberg using his printing press the very first time
- The Gettysburg Address
- The Wright Brother’s first flight